Friday, November 16, 2007

Meetings and Progress from last post.. and Laptops...

Things in this post..

  • MY PC IS BROKEN!! (Oh noes!)
  • I bought a laptop (Yay!)
  • Student meeting with Senior College Management
  • Class website, forums and IRC channel
  • Revision
OK so my PC... decided to die a death, considering the abuse it has withstood for the last 4 years I didn't think it would go out in such a pathetic way.. I moved it from one side of the room to the other... somewhere in that long journey... my PC lost it's life. RIP My faithful servant.

New Laptop! I just bought a laptop to replace my PC and just because I feel I needed a computer that's mobile since I lead such a busy life. I bought a Sony VAIO VGN-NR11Z/S Which looks like this... *Drools*

The meeting with Aberdeen College Senior Management. I feel this went very well we talked about The laptops for the old H group (They are on the way) Altens is getting a cash machine which is good news for all those who are doing Tech Support next year and are going to be spending lots of time there. Wireless connectivity in the college was also covered, apparently there was an issue in some areas of the college of people not being able to connect to the wireless network. Some other maintenance issues were brought up but nothing too major (Water machines and toilets). The general opinion from all that attended was that Aberdeen college is a place we are all enjoying learning and the problems are minuscule in comparison.

On to the fun stuff!

IRC Channel is up and running #HNCCCE on ICQ. To access this you need to download a IRC client.. you can search on Google or just download mIRC from http://www.mirc.com/
The server is irc.icq.com and the channel is as above. Hope to see you there!

Website and forums, well... I think this should be a joint effort so I'm going to bring it up in class to see who wants to be involved in the design ect. I will probably knock up something temporary tonight.

Revision... hmm this is a tough one, Maybe a few hours on Tuesday afternoon in the libruary? I'll bring this up in class also I think, just in case nobody has read this.

That's all for tonight I think, back to IRC ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I moved it from one side of the room to the other... somewhere in that long journey... my PC lost it's life."

You shouldn't have said that.. I'm seriously worried - I move mine every day, and further!

Now, "The meeting with Aberdeen College Senior Management" something I missed? Were you appointed Class Rep?

Setting an IRC channel up was a brainwave, if I'm online I'll be on it.

I presume revision is for Cameron's classes? - we don't have any other revision-worthy classes.
How about the Monday/Wednesday lunchbreaks?

Ophelia said...

I was the class rep for the H group and since our classes merged Michelle and I decided to Job Share. Since Michelle has been so busy I am taking most of the responsibility until she is more able.

Yes Cameron's class is about to get a bit harder I think, so we're going to have to start really paying attention.